Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Life little things...

It does not take much to make a girl happy…

Today, I was pleasantly surprised when I received a postcard from a faraway place.

I knew the sender had been back home for a couple of days. Never expected anything from that person. I mean a mermaid, be it a live one or a statue, would be too implausible. A Danish cookie would crumble once it reaches the Malaysian shore. Danish pastry would taste stale and musty by now.

But I was indeed happy. Was brimming from ear to ear. Felt like I was there too. We could have painted the mermaid red!! Hehehehe…

I dunno why some guys are so oblivious about small things like this. A peck on the cheek, a card, a flower, i-love-yous, a hug, a phone call, an sms…. can make a whole lot of difference to a woman, especially when she is feeling down, or just not herself.

It does not entail too much time, energy or expensive gifts that’ll dry your pockets. It’s the thought that counts.

Showing that you’re concerned, that you care, that she is important to you, does not require Oxford education or a PhD.

It just need a diminutive effort, a minute sensitivity, a little creativity, and a bit of common sense.



I wish I was there with you too in København...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brought to you exclusively by Marina`s Eye. Copyrights reserved.