Sunday, August 14, 2005

Miftahul Jamilah...

Last night, I watched a Cerekarama entitled Miftahul Jamilah. I think the name means pembuka syurga or something. It was a good drama. One of the best shown on tv…. (Tu sebab la dicalonkan dalam anugerah drama cerekarama terbaik). I have seen a few other calon-calon drama. Yup, they were all very good dramas. One that touches your heart, that makes you stop and ponder, that makes your eyes welled up with tears… (Tapi those yang hati batu tu, tak rasa apa-apa la gamaknya).

It was about a woman, due to unfortunate circumstances, had to marry a total stranger instead of a person whom she loves. While that guy was also forced to marry her by his family. She was trapped in a make-believe marriage. Her heart was crushed, watching her legally attached husband brought home his lover, acting like husband and wife, while she watched from afar. He even avoided ‘touching’ her. She was patient, she was resilient and she persevered. Her husband realized his mistake, and fell in love with her. Despite all the turmoils, she loved her husband, never stopped praying for him, even when he had contracted HIV. In the end, they cried in each others arms. In the end, they found love in each other.

I cried watching the drama. It was not mushy, lovey-dovey stuff. Instead, it was touching. It touched my deepest core. It was almost like reality, perhaps too real for me. Reminded me of a few people. Is there such a woman, or a wife in particular, with a good heart like that? I think there is, and I know of one.
Although it was just a drama, and our lives are of course nothing but a drama, I silently prayed for a happy ending at the end of the story. Happiness comes in a strange way for some people. You just have to look for it, sometimes, harder.

That drama left me thinking. It was hard to fall asleep. Not because my eyes were puffy, but because my heart ached for Miftahul Jamilah.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brought to you exclusively by Marina`s Eye. Copyrights reserved.