Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!

This time around, Merdeka day carried a deeper meaning for me. A poignant self discovery.

I finally made the decision.

I feel liberated from those feelings of doubts, insecurities, unnecessary longing, the unpredictables, the uncertainties, guilt, qualms, reservations… ie. the emotional roller coasters.

Only death and the afterlife are certain… others are just that aspect of life that you could plan and execute, but the end results are of course, not always predictable.

I was indeed swept away, smitten, overwhelmed by my own feelings at times. And of course, despite it's short half-life, at that point in my humble existence, I was happy. Was..

I guess, in the end, it was my head that overtook my heart. My feet finally landed on the ground.

I hope I did not hurt too many people out of my own foolishness and selfishness.

I appreciate myself more now.

I think I worth more than that.


Happy Merdeka Day, everyone…
Brought to you exclusively by Marina`s Eye. Copyrights reserved.