Saturday, October 01, 2005

Life ain't that bad...

I am done being angry. I will just exhale and let that bad karma seep out away from me. Anger takes so much out of you. It is tiring, energy-sapping, inducing low morale, with guilty hangover afterwards. No, I don’t want to be angry no more.

I am recuperating well. I think the stress of exams, the preparations of departmental presentations one after another, really compounded my sickness, and my immune system was in the lowest danger zone. But I am much better now. My bouts of cough have reduced in frequency, I no longer need to do fishmouthing (trying to breathe through my mouth). I don’t wake up in the wee hours coughing my lungs out.

I think this episode was the worst ever. Usually it only took me 3-5 days to fully recuperate, but this time almost 2 weeks. Signs of aging?? I hope not. Even after 5 days of Augmentin, my phlegm was still yellowish and thick. I even auscultated myself, praying hard I did not hear any crepitations, to make sure it was not pneumonia.

With exams coming soon, and then the Ramadhan, I must be in perfect health. Physically, mentally and spiritually.

I have not much confidence in passing this upcoming exams. But I will try my best so that I don’t regret later for not trying hard enough. Exams are unpredictable. Even the best ones fail on the first attempt. Just like in life. Reality bites, sometimes.

As for my love life, it is back to square one. Letting go and forgetting is not easy. Never was. Perhaps there is still that bit of me that is still hoping. Hope is what makes people go on living, what makes them strive further. Perhaps, I am just stupid that way.

Yesterday, was my last presentation till my exams. It went ok. But one of the big boss came towards the end of the presentation. Another colleague was presenting. The boss voiced out her dissatisfaction on the trainees in general. It was indeed demoralizing. Something you do not want to hear at the start of a well-deserving weekend.

My colleagues and I decided to spend some time out to boost our morale. It is a blessing that I have colleagues who, despite their marital tribulations etc, still can make time for all of us. So we went makaaaaan!!! Biasalah typical orang Malaysia. We went for a steamboat and barbeque promotion at Kelana Seafood and ate to our heart content. It was worth it. RM14++/person for all kinds of seafood, tomyam, fried rice, barbequed lamb…. Balik rumah macam ular sawa kekenyangan and I slept the whole night thru. I was well rested, finally.

This morning I had a preparatory class for exam with my senior. I was pleasantly surprised with an early morning, long-distanced phone call. I know you’re reading this. Thank you for the call. It really made my morning :). I seldom get any phone calls nowadays, well not as often as before anyway.

Need to return the library books, pinjam je lebih. Bacanya tidak. Didn’t realize dah lambat. Entah berapa la kena denda. Then found out, on first Saturday, the library is closed. Adeeiiiii… banyak la I menderma kat Perpustakaan ni.

Came back in the afternoon, slept some more. Then woke up and cleaned up the house. My sis had done much of the housework. So I bought McDonald burgers for her. I’m taking some time out albeit the blogging before continuing some more household chores, ironing etc.

Just few days back, Memeng bulldozed my laptop and the LCD screen cracked. Shucks!! I have not even finished paying the installments. Even with the upcoming bonus, I still have a lot of debts to pay. Hopefully by end of this year, I could finish all my debts and start saving up money instead. Maybe I’ll buy a new laptop later once I graduated. The desktop is still useable, even the laptop too despite the dark curtain on top of it due to the crack.

Tomorrow, I will be attending a one-day seminar at Pan Pacific. The door gift is a thumbdrive woohoooo!!!!. There will be a quiz later and the first prize is a laptop. Hope I can win!!

My birthday will be on 3rd Oct, and i will be on-call. Tak sempat nak swap with anyone. Ingat nak ambik cuti, tapi kalau cuti pun bukannya boleh enjoy pi mana-mana. So takpelah. Birthday ke tak, it is just another day. A day to remind myself of all the things that i have done with my life, be it good or bad. A day to reminisce.

Life is like a box of chocolates... maybe it is just Kandos instead of Ferraro Roche this time.

At least the box is not empty...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello marina,

After reading your blog "this post", I believe you will find my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ... licensure exam preparation for social work, medical terminology exam preparation, pharmacy technician exam prep courses, cpl exam preparation, mft exam preparation,
href="http://www.career-information-resources.com/documents/study_aids.php">entrance exam prep
, csp exam prep and hvac exam prep.
We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Kind Regards
Emily

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brought to you exclusively by Marina`s Eye. Copyrights reserved.