Sunday, May 29, 2005

Visit to the Vet

Yibbe was down with fever. Kesian anak jantan sekor ni. Muka monyok je, makan pun sikit. Tidur je 24 jam. Badan panas sungguh. Dah la badan kucing memang panas compared to us humans. But this is too hot. So, I took him to the vet.

Nasib baik tak ramai orang kat klinik tu, though the traffic was terrible. I`ve brought my 3 cats there before, and I recognize the vet. There are 10 vets working there, but I usually see the same faces. I think he recognized me too. Yibbe was having a fever, dehydrated. The vet thought it was probably due to the fleas he got from outside cats. My other 2 cats do not have fleas. Yibbe looked pale. He might have this blood infesting virus carried by the fleas. And his white cell count was a bit low. Pancytopenia?? Maannnn... please don`t scare me!!!

I love animals. Being a veterinarian was one of my choices when I filled in the UPU forms waaaayyy back then (oiitt.... apasal gelak??… ok ape nak jadi vet??)). Hmmm… ended up a human doc la pulak. So there I was, questioning everything to this young vet.

Where are you gonna puncture him?? The ear?? You can find blood vessels big enough to take blood there meh?? Oucchhh!!

Are you checking for worm eggs?

Are you doing blood smear??

What`s his temperature?

What antibiotic are you giving him??

Which vitamin is good?

Does he need i/v drip??

Yadda….yadda…yadda…. he looked thankful when I left….. kekekekeke.

Mannnn… I dunno how monstrous i`ll become when I have my own kids. Doctors with kids or any sick relatives, are a handful lot. I`ve seen many.

Yibbe’s fever is gone. But his appetite is still not very good. Been wrestling him, trying to shove the medicine in his throat.

Hope you get well soon Yibbe.
Mommy already have enough worries....



11 Comments:

Blogger Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

Told you to neuter him. He'll wander around less and grow fat just like Memeng and Misha.

12:20 PM  
Blogger marina said...

Memeng and Misha are not fat. They are just big with a capital B .... jut like their Mommy :P

12:46 PM  
Blogger Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

Their Mommy is not fat. She just have big bones....

1:48 PM  
Blogger marina said...

Hi Maya. Thanks for reading my craps. I guess your tomcats are not the only ones sexually frustrated :P

These are good vets. Expensive maybe, well what do you expect in KL kan?

Segar Pet Centre & Veterinary Services,
No 2, Jalan Manis 3, Taman Segar, Cheras, 56100 KL
Tel: 91302059/4641 91332343

PS: Thanks for the well wishes :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger marina said...

Oh yes Maya... The clinic is near to Cheras Leisure Mall. Just go straight passing the Mall on your left till you reach a 3 way junction, turn right, then right again.... you won`t miss it coz its at the corner.

Yeah, spaying will be a good idea. My 2 female cats are happily playing with each other. And no... they are not lesbos...

4:14 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

marina, i have six cats and was supposed to blog abt them semalam but changed my mind. my two cats dok hilang bulu..may be its summer.

7:52 PM  
Blogger marina said...

Kak Teh... Mine tak summer pun duk shed bulu. When i vacuum the house, i try to vacuum them also. Memeng likes it. But Misha is afraid of the vacuum. Tengok kepala vacuum tu dia ingat ular. Duk sembur-sembur marah kat vacuum. She`s bushy macam Ewoks :P

8:06 PM  
Blogger atenah said...

*Mannnn… I dunno how monstrous i`ll become when I have my own kids*

you sound soooo much better here, optimistic. keep up this spirit, hugs.

8:12 AM  
Blogger dudae_simboyo said...

.

ysed to have a cat named setokin because he looked like he was wearing them. had a hooked tail too that would latch on to anything and everything...

.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Land rover dealer austin South south american travel long stay insurance facial hair removal cream jewelry dishwasher detergent travel c g u holiday insurance Facelift orange county Truck rental in rio grande city tx texas Sharp model sf-8400 two color copier Venlafaxine eceptance date Antidepressant+lexapril Ss popup blocker Lithium uses antidepressant http://www.personalinjurylawyer7.info Fluoxetine loss weight fiji holiday multi trip insurance How to lose fat in the thigh Club latinas

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brought to you exclusively by Marina`s Eye. Copyrights reserved.